Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Roasted Maple Glazed Carrots for #FoodieExtravaganza


The Foodie Extravaganza is a monthly party hosted by bloggers who love food! Each month we incorporate one main ingredient or theme into recipes to share with you. We take turns hosting and this month it's Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook.

December 17th is National Maple Syrup Day and Lauren challenged us to bake with, cook with, or make a beverage with maple syrup. (For some international bloggers who can't find maple syrup, they'll be joining the fun with honey as a substitute.)


December is a very busy month for everyone so I wanted to share a recipe that is quick, easy and perfect to serve during the holidays.  I love serving glazed carrots as a side to so many dishes. Almost everyone loves carrots and glazing them with a little sweetener is always a winner.  I normally just do my carrots on the stovetop with butter, olive oil and brown sugar.  The other night when I was going to serve carrots as a side for the meatloaf I had made for dinner I remembered that we were celebrating Maple Syrup this month and decided to change things up.


I tossed the carrot slices with some olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper and put them in the oven to roast while my meatloaf was baking.  It doesn't get any easier than that.  The carrots took about half an hour at 350* which is what my oven was at to bake the meatloaf.  You can adjust the time according to any oven temp.  If just roasting them on their own use a hot oven, 425*, for 15-20 minutes.  I was only feeding 2 of us, feel free to adjust the ingredients according to the number you are feeding.

Roasted Maple Glazed Carrots

3 carrots, peeled and slice into 1/2" diagonal disks
1 1/2 t. olive oil
1 1/2 t. maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients together in a shallow baking pan and roast at 350* for 30-40 minutes, until tender and browned in spots.  Print Recipe


foodieextravaganza-300



 If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.




Don't forget to check out all these other maply recipes:

11 comments:

  1. I have done the honey roasted version many times with carrots, but I don't think with maple! Definitely giving that a try next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adds a little different flavor Rebekah, when you want a change of pace.

      Delete
  2. That looks SO delicious. Thanks for sharing, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great dish and perfect for a holiday side dish!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious maple coated carrots, must try and get a bottle of this syrup now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simple side perfect for any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.