Saturday, November 1, 2014

Warm Soup on a Cold Blustery Day

We had our first snowfall here today.  We also had our first sleet of the season.  The wind is going crazy.  We lost power, luckily it was only for a few moments.  We have our fireplace lit and I spent the day in the kitchen making soup and dinner rolls and my cake for #BundtBakers this month.  You will get to see that post on November 20th.

But for today I will share my soup recipe for you to enjoy on your next cold and blustery day.


Chicken Tortellini Soup

8 c. chicken broth, store bought or homemade
2 c. cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 head broccoli crowns, cut into bite size pieces
1 lg. leek, white and light green parts, sliced
1 lg. carrot, peeled and sliced
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini

Place chicken broth and vegetables in a large stockpot over med high heat and bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer until carrots and broccoli are tender, 5-10 minutes.  Add bouillon cubes and chicken, continue to simmer until bouillon cube are incorporated.  Add tortellini and heat gently.  Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.   Print RecipeS

Sharing this easy soup with Simple Supper Tuesday, stop by for many more easy dinner ideas.




2 comments:

  1. What?????? Snow and sleet. We got down to 28 last night but thank goodness no moisture. However I know it is coming....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is still cold but plenty of sunshine so that makes me happy.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.