Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Family Supper Sunday

I love easy, lazy Sundays.  We relaxed in bed for a couple of hours, drinking coffee and looking at house plans.  We are kicking around the idea of downsizing and having a house built.  Don't worry, I will keep you updated on any changes coming here.

The remainder of the morning was spent canning some more tomatoes.  Once again I just canned whole tomatoes.  I will buy another bushel this week and start on Spaghetti Sauce and Salsa.


Ooooops!!
Not sure what happened.
Perhaps I filled that one to high?

I also roasted some beets so I could take a Beet and Tomato Salad to Ting's today.  The original plan was that Tony's folks were coming by also but they ended up having dinner together on Thursday so today it will be just us, Ting and Tony and Amy and Doug.  Amy read my Weekly Menu yesterday and then sent me a text saying she thought she was making dessert.  Heck, I didn't even know about the change in guest list but I am very happy to have 2 of my girls and their guys together. Now if we could just get our other girl and guy and our two boys all in one place at the same time, I would be ecstatic!!


I made my Beet and Tomato Salad smaller for this gathering.
I used a yellow tomato from my CSA.
Isn't it lovely?

While I waited for my tomatoes to process. I put away some of my decor and pulled out some others.  I try to change it up each month to keep life interesting.


I changed my display to represent harvest season.
The towel and bread plate were birthday gifts from my daughter, Nicole.

This afternoon, Frank and I went to lunch and then into a neighboring town that was having an art show.  I found two more Christmas gifts.  One for my sister and one for my sister in law.  Then we went and saw Mom.  When we got there Mom and one of the aides were trying to console Mom's friend, Harriet, who was upset and crying.  We ended up going out and getting ice cream for both of them to get Harriet's mind off of her worries.  I am so blessed that Mom has such a happy disposition.

Dinner at Ting and Tony's was very nice. We had Ribs, Redskin potatoes, Corn on the Cob and Watermelon.  I had brought a couple of salads and Amy brought dessert.  We laughed a lot and had a good time.

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday as well.  See you tomorrow.

One year ago today-Corn Chowder





2 comments:

  1. That salad does look good. Too bad I would be the only one eating it at my house....no beet lovers here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think Frank and I were the only one's who ate it but they loved my pickled peppers and pickled beans so 2 out of 3 is not bad.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.