Tuesday, May 6, 2014

You can't keep a good woman down

While Mom was at Dawn's she decided to pull her own dang tooth out.  Never once did she complain about pain other than that first day when she told Dawn her tooth hurt.  We took her in to the dentist who said she had 2 teeth that needed to come out but that she needed a weeks worth of antibiotics first.  Well, I guess a week was just too long for Mom to wait.

So today the dentist only had to remove one tooth.  The dentist numbed her up and took that tooth and Mom didn't even flinch.  I brought her home and an hour later she was eating lunch and acting as abnormal as ever.


I told her I was going to take her photo and she said "Well wait a minute, I wasn't even smiling" so I had to take another one with her smiling.  She is always in good spirits and spent a good 10 minutes joking around with the Dentist while he was waiting for her mouth to numb up.  93 years young!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is the funniest story of my day. Your mom's got spunk...and not much patience! Glad she's doing well and smiling for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, you would have really laughed if you would have heard the dentist explaining that she shouldn't rinse, gargle or spit for 3 days. She said "Oh,, really" as if she were actually going to remember his instructions 3 seconds later LOL

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful lady she is. I can't even imagine pulling my own tooth out. I am such a big baby with the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if she has a high pain tolerance or if she just can't remember that she has pain. Either way I am grateful that she is so strong.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.