Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Breakfast is Served

I got energetic this morning so instead of Mom's normal breakfast of cereal and fruit.  Or Peanut Butter Toast and fruit.  Or Muffins and fruit.  I made a bacon and cheese omelet with fruit of course and a carrot muffin on the side.



I made one large omelet for Mom and Nancy to share.
You can always adjust the measurements and make single omelets if you wish.

Bacon and Cheese Omelet

4 slices bacon, diced
4 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In a med. saute pan cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.  Place on paper towel to drain. Pour out excess grease but do not wipe pan.  Season the eggs with salt and pepper.  Place pan over medium heat and add eggs.  As eggs cook, lift the sides allowing the uncooked egg to flow underneath and cook.  This will create a fluffy omelet.  When the omelet is mostly cooked flip over to finish cooking the top.  Layer the cooked bacon and cheese onto half the omelet and flip over to enfold all the goodies. Turn out onto a plate and enjoy.  Print Recipe

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.