Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Another Wonderful Wednesday

Frank took our Buddy boy in to the vet for some dental work and to have a tumor removed from his eye this morning.  It is strange not having him in the house with me.  I pray all goes well for him, he's an old guy.  I know that when this is done he is going to feel much better.

Today is the Feast of St. Joseph.  It is strange to me that St. Patrick's day consumes people of all nationalities but only Polish people seem to celebrate St. Joseph's day.  I had never heard of anyone celebrating St. Joseph's day before I married into Frank's family.  We will not be celebrating today as I am working the food pantry and going from there right to Soup and Scripture.  Frank has decided to allow me to go to Soup and Scripture on Wednesdays during Lent and he will stay home with Mom and make them dinner here.  I appreciate this because it will enable me to give my full attention to the Lord on these nights.

But I digress.  Back to St. Joseph.  We will be celebrating his feast day on Friday with a Polish Meal that we will share with Frank's cousins who are coming in from Canada to attend Mom Klik's surprise 90th birthday celebration.  I hope that you will join us on Friday for the party.

Image of St. Joseph

You can learn more about St. Joseph here

It is going to be a busy day for me today.  I am meeting my friend Linda and her son, Joe, for lunch.  Joe is in the air force and I would see him in VA when I would go and see my son, Chuck, as they were both stationed there.  Joe is being transferred to a base in Ohio and has some time off during the transition.  I am looking forward to seeing them both.

Afterwards I will stop at the store and get perishables for the Food Pantry before arriving for distributions this afternoon. Then, as previously mentioned, I will be attending Soup and Scripture.  It is being hosted by our parish this week so I won't have far to travel LOL.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Only a select few can work "dental work" and "tumor" into a post titled Wonderful Wednesday. I love your spirit! And I enjoyed the info on St. Joseph. I have found myself wondering about him since I first heard the Mercy Me Christmas song - Joseph's Lullaby, I think. Anyway, hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Lisa I could sit around and cry in my beer, or wine in my case, but I gave it up for Lent..........aaaargh!!

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.