Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Oh My Darling Clementine

 
 
I make a huge effort to eat locally and in season.  Unfortunately, eating seasonally does not always mean eating locally but there are some things that I refuse to give up just because we cannot grow them here in the Midwest.
 
One of my favorite seasonal foods this time of year is citrus.  Oranges, Grapefruits, Lemons, Limes and specifically for just a few months each year we can enjoy Clementines.
 
 
 
I just love these sweet little cuties.  They are perfect to grab while you are on the way out the door and haven't had time to eat.  They peel easily and have no seeds. You can only get them for a few months so even if you eat them every day you don't have time to get sick of  them and you always look forward to the late fall when, once again, they are available.
 
So today I am Thankful for seasonal foods!


1 comment:

  1. Oh how my grandkids love cuties! And they are so pretty in a bowl And smell wonderful as well

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.