Monday, October 7, 2013

No Mom Monday

 
I got a phone call early this morning from a dear friend whose father had a heart attack and was being rushed to the hospital by ambulance.  Nancy had just arrived so I ran out the door, picked up my friend and took her down to the hospital.  The situation is touch and go for right now.  I didn't get home until after Mom had left to go to Dawn's so I don't have much to say today.
 
Instead I will share another memory with you.....
 
This is a photo of Mom and Pops with my nephew, Chad and his wife, Natasha.
 
We hosted the wedding at our home.  Mom was still cognizant enough to understand what was going on.  She knew who everyone was and was able to be left unattended for a few hours at a time.  This was when she first started repeating herself and started doing things like spending hours going through her jewelry or counting her money over and over.  It almost reminded me a little of autistic behavior with the repetitiveness she seemed to crave.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.